Monday, August 30, 2010

Take Me Out on a Date, err to the Ballgame!!

I think I found her. Her name is Ginger and we met while at the Fort Worth Zoo a few weeks ago. Well Daddy got tickets to the Rangers/Red Sox game and I figured it was the perfect chance to get to know her better. This is uncharted territory for me. What an adventure I'm about to have!


MMMmmmmm....we got the tickets which included the all-you-can-eat package. I'll give you one guess as to who was in charge of buying the tickets...


It was so hot! I mean, it was hotter than a hippo's backside in the dry season. Combine that with a capacity crowd and not the slightest breeze in the tri-county area, it was hot. Did I say it was hot? Second hottest Rangers game in history, actually. That being said, you couldn't separate Ginger and me.


Something interesting I found out about Ginger. She's afraid of heights. A giraffe...who's afraid of heights....it's time to face this fear. Hold my hoof, Ginger...it'll be alright.


Truth be told, the reason I wanted her to conquer her phobia was so we could watch the sunset without the fear of her throwing up or fainting. Thank goodness she got over it fast 'cause we're adorable together!


Daddy said "oh, this is apparently where I belong." I was confused....Dad doesn't smoke so I looked at the sign, then back at him then back at the sign then back at him...."um Dad, this is an area for smokers, not smoking hot people. In either case you don't belong here" Then I slapped him so he would equate stupid statements with pain. Oooo look a big baseball!


Freshly off her fear of heights, Ginger wants to slide down the banister back to our seats but still wanted me to go first. She caught up pretty quick and kept screaming 'Faster! Faster!' "Excuse me, I'm sliding here. You better check yo'self before you wreck yo'self!"


After our little jaunt to the upper-level, I was quite peckish, so I decided to head to the watering hole. It was hot and just having a cold (and I might add, free) beverage to hold made all the difference in the world. Ginger disapproved, though.
"Isn't that your third diet coke tonight, Lil' G??"
"Don't tell me my business, devil woman."
I don't know if it was my little outburst or the fact that small giraffes were being served that totally confused Tyrone there in the background. It didn't get any better when Dad tried to explain:
"What's that??"
"His name is Lil' G."
blank, confused look
"
I take him around and take pictures."
blank, confused look
"He has a blog...."
Then he turned around with a look on his face of Dang, white people be crazy

That's why I love my Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think Ginger has a cousin? I think Chet said something about hope for a tattoo. Quote, "Giraffe tats are the best." -I'm just glad he said tats, and not what I thought he said.

    ReplyDelete