Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hangn' in San Fran

Only in San Francisco do they leave Ghiradelli chocolates on your pillow. Dad made some comment under his breath about how much he would love to sleep smothered in Ghiradelli. I'm...ahhh...just gonna chalk that up to a looong traveling day.


The weather is perfect! Dad wanted to go sunning, but I talked him out of it. You can all thanks me later. Let's go on an adventure!!


First stop: Alcatraz Island for the night tour...


Craziest thing happened when we were in the shower room...Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery came up through the floor in quite the dramatic fashion! And they said 'hey' to Dad, who returned with a casual salute while they were off to hunt down a terrorist. Greatest...thing...ever!!


NooooOOOoooobody knows...the trouble I've seen.
NoooooOOOOooobody knows my sorrows


How did I know that Dad would somehow find his way to the cafeteria?


San Francisco is so romantic. Oh how I wish it was Ginger here with me instead of Dad. He won't even let me snuggle.


Umm...why don't we rig up a pulley system?


I ask Dad: So what's the big deal about clam chowder in a bread bowl? Does it add extra flavor or something?
Dad: Well, Lil' G, you eat the chowder and then you can eat the chowder-soaked bread after. Brings a whole new meaning to scrapping the side of the bowl.
Me: It brings a whole new meaning to "disturbing."


What would a trip to SF be without a run-in with a hippie? We met Angie, the hippie, and spoke with her on the atrocity of corporate deforestation in Thailand and what Greenpeace is doing to stop them. After Dad gave a donation he asked if it was cool to get a picture with his giraffe. You would think a hippie would be all about giraffes, so what's with the pinching and the distance like I'm some smelly rag?


So as acting president of the We May Be Stuffed But We Still Feel - Giraffe Chapter, I met with the White House when I was in Washington, D.C. last August. However, this Administration has not honored a single point on my agenda. Maybe Queen Amidala of the Naboo will be more amenable.



Daddy!?!? Why would they bury these giraffes up to their horns??? What hippie group do I need to speak with to ensure this never happens again?

No comments:

Post a Comment