Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Christmas Time in the City!

Oooooooooo, New York City! I'm back, baby! And Dad thinks he's some kind of big shot since there was a chocolate on his pillow. Could it be that my personal assistant informed the hotel Lil' G was on his way? I'll let you be the judge.


Dad was so tuckered out, I decided to start working on his emails. After all, the sooner he gets done with work stuff, the sooner we can go on adventures!


On our way to his first meeting, we decide to get lunch. Now, what could be behind this curtain in a swanky Midtown French hotel....?


.....Oh snap, only some of the best burgers in Manhattan.
Carol the cow, this one's for you!


It seems like just last year I was standing at Rockefeller Center's ice skating rink with it's iconic Christmas tree. Oh wait, it was last year.
Take a look at that hoser in the red hoodie. He's soooo gonna get a face full of ice when I get down there and totally own a wicked triple sow cow.


Dad was acting like a big deal once he started getting access to the concierge lounge. Little does he know, but I'm kind of a regular in this joint.
--Excuse me, Winston?
--Oh greetings to you, Mr. G. How's the asparagus tonight?
--Succulent as always, Winston. How's your sweet wife doing?
--Just wonderful. We're expecting our third.
--Marvelous! Simply Marvelous! I noticed there were none of those tasty lemon squares out tonight. Could you possibly scrounge some up?
--Those are usually only on Monday and Thursday evenings, but I'll so see if I can grab a couple. How many would you like, two?
--Better make it three! Ah-har-har-har...
(this was an actual conversation between someone and a Marriott employee)


Forget about lemon squares, get me a piece of Junior's NY cheesecake. Back off, Dad...grrrrrrr...this is all mine, old man.


It was sooooo cold in NY. Dad stopped in Macy's to get a scarf. Ummm...thanks for thinking of me, the African Serengeti is only my natural habitat. Oh, and now I'm being pulled out of your toasty pocket for yet another freezing picture. Fantastic.


So I kind of snapped at Dad saying how he cared more about this blog than my own personal health and well-being. He responded about something like it requires nerves and a heart to feel the cold...we both said hurtful things. We call a truce and split a s'more and hot cocoa at this little place down by NYU that serves chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Uncle Richie better steer clear of this little piece of heaven. Ah...har...har...har.....


We had to get back up to Times Sq in order to get tickets to a show. Instead of walking, we decide to take the warmish, urine-stinking, freak-filled subway. Seriously, these guys are more disturbing than them hippos doing ballet in Fantasia. It's just not natural.


Waiting in the TKTS line for tickets to Jersey Boys.
--Hey Dad, why do I need to be standing in 19 degree weather? I can see our hotel from here, can't I just go up to the room?
--No way, you're just gonna get into the maid's cart again.
--ONE TIME! THAT JUST HAPPENED THAT ONE TIME!


Sigh....the last thing we do in NYC is see the incredible Jersey Boys. When is the next time we're going to be back?? It's not soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment